Snowmobile on Langjökull Glacier
6 years old
The Golden Circle
Join our super truck transfer from Gullfoss for the snowmobile ride of a lifetime!
This is a great choice for those who have their own transportation and want to top off the Golden Circle with something special. Our professional guides will take you on a snowmobile adventure in the Icelandic highlands, giving you the most amazing views of the majestic Langjökull glacier and its unique surroundings.
We offer three daily departures from Gullfoss Café where you can park your car and grab some lunch. Driving in our super truck through the rugged, Mars-like landscape of Iceland, is an adventure of its own so please make sure to enjoy the ride. The view out of the window, a vast countryside and mountain ranges… indeed, a rare sight for many travelers.
Once we arrive at our glacier hut, you will receive the appropriate snowmobile gear. Our friendly and fun-loving guides will give you instructions on how to operate the snowmobiles and go over the safety procedures before you ride off into the wondrous winter wonderland.
Included / What to bring
We provide the following equipment during your snowmobile tour.
- All the items are shown in the picture above
- 1-hour Snowmobile Ride
- Transfer from Gullfoss to our base about 40-60 minutes
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Inner layer – Shirt / T-shirt (wool or synthetic)
- Insulating layer – Polyester Sweater / Fleece Sweater / Insulated Down Jacket
- Bring snacks as this is a half day tour
- Good outdoor shoes are recommended
Mountaineers of Iceland – Meeting Point
Gullfoss Parking, 801 Bláksógabyggð, IS
The meeting point is at Gullfoss upper parking lot, outside the area where the shops and restaurant is located.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, a single person per vehicle at extra cost
- The age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to the weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes are sudden so expect the unexpected.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so remember to enjoy it.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!