Snowmobile on Mýrdalsjökull Glacier
8 years old
Vík, South Iceland
This tour gives you the opportunity to go up on the top of a glacier. The Mýrdalsjökull glacier is Iceland’s fourth largest glacier and covers the volcano Katla. To get up to the roots of the glacier we will take you up the mountain in a real glacier truck (about 1 hour each way).
Once there we’ll get on our snowmobiles and ride up the ice cap. From there we can enjoy the glacier landscapes and scenery over south Iceland. Everything needed for the tour is provided and our expert guides will teach you how to handle the snowmobile to enjoy this adventure in a fun but safe way. The duration of the tour is suitable for first time riders.
Included / What to bring
- Experienced and qualified guide
- Snowmobile (can take up to two persons)
- Insulated cover-all
- Helmet and balaclava face mask
- Boots (optional, depended on weather conditions and guests shoe wear)
What to bring
- Extra warm clothing
- Gloves and hat
- Joy and happiness!
Arcanum Adventure Tours (Road 222)
Ytri Sólheimar 1, 871 Vík (dreifbýli), IS
We highly recommend that you arrive at our meeting point 20 minutes before the departure time stated on your ticket. Please note that if you arrive after departure time, your place on the tour cannot be guaranteed or refunded.
The meeting point is located in the below map.
All drivers must be 17 years of age or older and have a full, valid driver’s license. A learner´s permit, tractor, or motorcycle license is not sufficient according to Icelandic law. Single riders and groups with odd numbers are required to book a single ride snowmobile.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to email@example.com All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
This tour can be added to our Family Itinerary!
Check out our Family itineraries and let us help you create the perfect family holiday in Iceland! Please contact me if you have any questions or need help with the planning!
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!