Snowmobile and Ice Cave
6 years old
The Golden Circle
Your next adventure in Iceland begins going from the upper parking lot at Gullfoss in one of our monster trucks. After roughly an hours drive we head out to the Snowmobiles
Although we know what the Glacier looks like, it’s such an amazing experience to go inside this amazing structure. The ice inside the Glacier Ice Cave, where we are heading on this tour is over 400 years old and you can see layers of ash from many different eruptions throughout history.
The trip to the Glacier Ice Cave is also an exhilarating snowmobile and ice cave tour. When we arrive we will explore every corner and detail of it and our Guides will also inform you about everything you want to know about the Glacier and its history.
We then head back to Mountaineers Glacier Hut and hop on the monster truck to ride back through the snowy terrain on our way to Gullfoss.
Included / What to bring
We provide the following equipment during your snowmobile tour.
- All the items are shown in the picture above
- 1-hour Snowmobile Ride
- Transfer from Gullfoss to our base about 40-60 minutes
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Inner layer – Shirt / T-shirt (wool or synthetic)
- Insulating layer – Polyester Sweater / Fleece Sweater / Insulated Down Jacket
- Bring snacks as this is a half day tour
- Good outdoor shoes are recommended
Mountaineers of Iceland – Meeting Point
Gullfoss Parking, 801 Bláksógabyggð, IS
The meeting point is at Gullfoss upper parking lot, outside the area where the shops and restaurant is located.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, a single person per vehicle at extra cost
- The age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to the weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes are sudden so expect the unexpected.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so remember to enjoy it.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!