Reykjavík Whale Watching
0 years old
The bay is even full of birdlife, and if you are lucky you can spot puffins flying around. Magnificent landscapes surround the area and add a unique contrast to the vast ocean.
Meet us at our ticket office by the Old Harbour in downtown Reykjavík, where you will exchange your pre-paid voucher for boarding tickets. A few steps down the pier you will find our Visitor Centre, facilitated on board a converted fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier. This is where you will meet crew. Head downstairs to the hull of the boat and stroll through our unique floating wildlife exhibition to learn more about the animals we may come across on our tours.
You board the whale watching boat through the Visitor Centre, where you will find several outdoor viewing platforms, a heated indoor saloon with large viewing windows, a cafeteria where you can buy light refreshments, toilet facilities and a cloak room where you can borrow our blankets and overalls for the duration of the tour. You can stay outside in the fresh air but you are also welcome to settle inside the heated lounge and observe from within. One of our excellent naturalists will give a live commentary throughout the tour and notify you of any sightings as we go.
Combine this activity with Puffin Watching in the summer.
Included / What to bring
- 2,5-3,5 hr. whale watching tour
- Use of warm overalls and blankets
- Excellent live guidance in English
- Complimentary WiFi on board
- Access to our Wildlife Exhibition
- Heated indoor saloon
- Large viewing windows
- Whale guarantee (or try again for free)
- Pictures taken by crew (if any)
- Tip / Gratuity
- Hotel transfer
What to bring
- Sturdy footwear
- Thick jacket
Please stop by the Elding office in the Old Harbour no later than 15 min. prior to tour departure to collect your ticket(s).
Elding ticket office
Ægisgardur 5, 101 Reykjavík, IS
- Public transportation nearby
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight
- As the weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable, we advise you that this tour is weather dependent. In case of unfavourable conditions in the bay, the itinerary may be altered (often resulting in a slightly longer tour) or the tour could get cancelled altogether. You will be notified of any changes as soon as possible, but we suggest that you have a look at our online whale diary to check for updates on your departure.
- Since this is a wildlife tour we can never predict or guarantee sightings of any kind. Additionally, abide by a Code of Conduct for responsible whale watching and thus each encounter is on the animal’s terms. This means that we may manoeuvre the boat in a certain way or keep our distance to minimise potential disturbance. In the event that we don’t encounter any whales or dolphins, we do not offer refunds, but instead give our passengers a complimentary ticket to use another day.
Refund if cancelled at least 1 day before the event
This tour can be added to our Family Itinerary!
Check out our Family itineraries and let us help you create the perfect family holiday in Iceland! Please contact me if you have any questions or need help with the planning!
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!