Lava Cave West Iceland
0 years old
Take a guided tour into the mighty Víðgelmir lava tube with the aid of our easy-access walkway, and state of the art feature lighting. This is a trip that the whole family can enjoy. Caves are often dark, tight and uninviting places; however this is not the case on this tour!
What used to be slow travelled, rugged terrain is now easy and enjoyable. Thanks to our signature walkway caving just became family friendly. Leading from one great hall to the next the path is slightly lit revealing the magical underworld.
The stunning beauty of Víðgelmir lava cave lies within the amazing colours and rock formations that used to hide in the dark – not anymore! With feature lighting at selected locations this impressive cave can now be enjoyed in all its glory.
Join our experienced guides and learn about the unique geology and impressive history at Víðgelmir. The Cave Explorer tour offers the very best of caving, the ease, the light and the dark!
- Temperature inside the cave is low. We recommend all guests bring warm clothes.
- We ask parents travelling with small children to stay at the back of the group and skip the last stop of the tour.
Included / What to bring
- Professional guide / Geologist.
- Helmet and Headlamp.
What to bring
- We ask our guest to bring with them warm cloths, cloves and a hat without a brim.
- Bring a camera and your best smile.
- Guests are required to show up 10-15 min before tour departs.
- Pick up available
- Gloves and hat are recommended
- Guest with children under the age of 6 will have to comply with guidelines set by the cave. This includes location of party during tour and possible turn around before final stop of the tour.
Need help with booking?
Please send us a message if you need help with booking this tour
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!