Into the Glacier
0 years old
Langjökull, West Coast
Join Into the Glacier classic tour from Husafell for an adventure that will lead you to the untouched beauty and raw nature of Langjokull, Iceland’s second largest glacier. Enjoy the opportunity of a lifetime as we journey up the white slopes and go deep inside the man-made ice tunnels leading to the blue heart of the glacier.
We will ride in modified glacier vehicles specially made to explore the glacier environment and enjoy the view as we drive on top of the ice cap. Our experienced guides will lead the way and make sure that everyone is both enjoying themselves and learning the basics of glacier knowledge.
Join us for this once in a lifetime trip and explore the rare sights both on top of Langjokull glacier and inside the man-made ice tunnels. Book your Into the Glacier adventure today.
Transfer from Reykjavík is available! Please press the button below for more information.
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell
- During winter, always use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min each way during summer and 75 min each way during winter.
- Guided ice tunnel tour, approximately an hour
- The total duration of the tour is around 4 hours from Húsafell
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, due to conditions on the glacier.
Included / What to bring
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from Húsafell
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver/ guide/audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
- If needed snowsuits and overshoes are provided during check-in.
- Crampons / Spikes for ice walk inside tunnels. Provided upon entering the tunnels.
What to bring
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing.
- Waterproof and warm coat.
- Hat & gloves.
- Sunglasses – the glacier reflects high amounts of sunlight
- Camera – for those indescribable moments. We love to see your good time in Langjokull please share! #intotheglacier
Húsafell Information Center
Húsafell, 320 Húsafell, IS
The meeting point for the tour is at Húsafell center. You should not miss the enormous Into the Glacier vehicles parked at the parking lot.
When you arrive to Húsafell, you need to check-in for the tour. The check-in is located at the Húsafell information center, next to Húsafell Bistro and the petrol station. Please check in at least 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- You need to be fit enough to walk approx 500m on snow and ice, and be OK standing up for approximately an hour.
- There are no age restrictions on the Classic tour and children are very welcome. It is an easy 1 hour walk inside the glacier, but the ground can be uneven and slippery (crampons are provided). The ride in the modiﬁed glacier vehicle can be bumpy. For toddlers and very young children (0 – 2 years old) we recommend having a baby carrier.
- Jeans are not recommended for glacier activities. Once it gets wet, it takes a long time to dry, leaving you cold.
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary and the mode of transport or cancel the tour, according to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Please note that the duration of the tours may vary according to weather and road conditions.
- Children discount does not apply to group bookings.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!