Icelandic Lava Show, Reykjavík
0 years old
LAVA SHOW recreates a volcanic eruption by superheating real lava and pouring it into a showroom full of people. It is the only live lava show in the world, a highly engaging experience that has received multiple awards on entertainment and innovation.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to get up close to real molten lava, see it flowing, hear it sizzling, and feel the incredible heat that eminates from it.
You can experience LAVA SHOW in one of our two locations:
In the center of Reykjavík City, in the Grandi Harbour District, only a few minutes walking distance from downtown Reykjavik.
In the charming town of Vík, surrounded by dormant volcanoes, glaciers, and black sand beaches.
Included / What to bring
- A chance to get up close to real flowing lava!
- The only live lava show in the world
- Security goggles
- A live host makes the show fun and personal
- A short educational video about Icelandic volcanism
- A unique once-in-a-lifetime experience
A “back stage tour” is not included but possible to buy as an add-on (ISK 990 per person)
Handmade lava-related souvenirs made on location and from our own lava is available for purchase at location
What to bring
- Your good mood
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to ask questions. The show is always the most fun when people interact with the host.
- If you booked your tickets online, it’s enough to show the electronic tickets at the counter, no need to print them out.
- Wheelchair accessible
We advice people to get there at least 10 minutes before the show, get their bearings and check out our gift shop before the show.
It gets HOT in the showroom when the lava pours in so people are advised to remove some layers of clothing before the show starts. The show is a safe experience and the heat should not be an issue but pregnant women, people with infants, and people with cardiovascular diseases are recommended to sit in the second row and/or close to the exit just to be on the safe side.
Everyone is advised to to keep their safety goggles on at all times during the show when there is lava in the showroom – also and especially when it is cooling down and solidifying.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!