Golden Circle and Farm Visit
0 years old
Join us on an unforgettable expedition with a small group to explore the Golden Circle. You’ll visit the famous Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area. This bestseller tour on a minibus stop at a traditional Icelandic farm to see some cute animals… and get free ice cream!
On the morning of your tour, we will come and pick you up from your chosen bus stop or hotel in Reykjavík. We will then start the unforgettable adventure to the most famous route in Iceland – the Golden Circle.
Geysir Geothermal Area
The Geysir geothermal area hosts many colorful hot springs. One called Strokkur is a geyser, which erupts every 5 minutes up to 35 meters. It was named after “Geysir” the original erupting hot spring, that gave all the geysers in the world their name, however extinct today.
The melting water from Iceland´s second biggest glacier, Langjökull, falls into a deep canyon forming the majestic “Golden Falls”. On a sunny day, you can see the glacier Langjökull in the distance and enjoy a rainbow in the mist of the waterfall, an photo blockbuster waiting to happen!
Traditional Dairy Farm and Free Ice Cream
We visit the Efstidalur farm, owned by the same family since 1850. This Icelandic family-run business sticks to traditional Icelandic farming culture and focuses on cows and cattle breeding. You will be able to enjoy their tasty farm-to-table dairy and food products, see the stunning mountain view and observe the friendly animals, especially cows and cute calves relaxing into their stables throughout wide glasses while tasting the handmade ice cream yourself.
Thingvellir National Park
We visit the place where the two tectonic plates, the North American and the Eurasian plate, are moving away from each other. Few places in the world offer a better and clearer view of this massive geographic activity. The biggest natural lake in Iceland is also located at Thingvellir National Park and hosts a great variety of fish and bird life. Thingvellir is also an important place for Icelandic national history. as Icelanders founded here their parliament in 930 AD where the chieftains had their annual meeting every summer. The name “Thingvellir” translates to “Parliament Plains”.
Back To Reykjavík
We will then start heading back to Reykjavik and are expected to arrive around 5pm, though this may be subject to change depending on weather and road conditions.
Included / What to bring
- English speaking guide
- Small Group Experience (max 18 people)
- Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board
- Icelandic ice cream
What to bring
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
- Joy and happiness!
Pick ups are in downtown Reykjavík from 8:00 am to 8:30, depending on where you are staying.
- There is no minimum age for this tour, however it is not recommended to bring children under 6 years.
- Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions and we may have to adjust timings to the short daylight of winter days.
- Pick-up is from designated locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking. Pick-up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
- This tour can be canceled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email email@example.com
- All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
• In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
Need help with booking?
Please send us a message if you need help with booking this tour
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!