Family Zipline Akureyri, North Iceland
8 years old
Professional guides lead you on an adventure trail with five ziplines, forest paths and informative stories. The river canyon Glerárgil is a hidden nature gem running straight through the middle of Akureyri town. On this tour, you will find your way through stunning scenery experienced by a few, even the locals.
Thanks to our thoughtfully designed trail, this experience is easily accessible to most. However, you need to meet minimum physical requirements: You must be 30 – 120 kg (65 – 260 lbs) for safety reasons and can hike uneven paths for up to 10 min. at a time. Children must be at least 8 years old and 30 kg (65 lbs) and accompanied by a parent. We strongly advise waterproof trail shoes with a good grip, because we walk on uneven paths in various conditions. Dress according to the weather and you’ll be happily zipping in any weather.
The experience takes about 1,5 – 2 hours in total and goes something like this:
Included / What to bring
- All safety gear included
- Local guides
What to bring
- Please wear clothing according to weather.
- Please wear shoes suitable for outdoor activities.
- A thin hat, to fit under the provided helmet, is optional.
The Soup Company & Icelandic Lava Show
Víkurbraut 5, 870 Vík, IS
- You must be 30 – 120 kg (65 – 260 lbs) for safety reasons.
- You must be able to hike uneven paths for up to 10 min. at a time.
- Children must be at least 8 years old or 30 kg (65 lbs) and accompanied by a parent.
- Wear good shoes, optimally waterproof trail shoes with a good grip.
- Dress according to the weather on the day.
- We ask you to braid long hair or tie it in a low bun.
- In this case of unforeseen delays or changes due to weather we will offer you to re-schedule or a refund. Please leave your contact details so we may keep you updated.
- Please arrive in a timely manner. Should you be so late as to miss the group we allow you to join the next available slot. There is no refund for late arrivals or no-shows.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 12 hours or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 2 days and 23 hours or less before the event
This tour can be added to our Family Itinerary!
Check out our Family itineraries and let us help you create the perfect family holiday in Iceland! Please contact me if you have any questions or need help with the planning!
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!