Family Fun Rafting with Transfer
8 years old
Family River Fun Rafting with Transfer from Reykjavík!
Want to meet on location? Please press the button below.
Available:April – October
River Rafting on the lower section of Hvítá River offering a more playful and serene trip for the little ones!
The Family River Fun Rafting sets sails from the strikingly beautiful Brúarhlöður canyon. The Hvítá river is a glacier river, flowing from Langjökull glacier and it is the river that feeds into the amazing Gullfoss waterfall. The river from Brúarhlöður has smooth fun waves for rafting while being situated in a wonderful place. On this rafting journey we sail down 4 kilometres, rafting down friendly rapids and playing games while admiring a view from a whole different perspective.
We have created this tour for the kids, so that they too can enjoy and have fun on the river. It is very popular among the children. We begin a bit further down the river than the main tour, the River Fun Rafting tour does, since the water becomes more smooth and more child-friendly. If any grown-ups in the group prefer to join in on the whole river trip, the River Fun Rafting, then you are in luck. It is possible to book the whole tour, and then sail down to meet up with the rest of the family or group at Brúarhlöður. Please send us an email to do so, email@example.com
We provide you with a wetsuit to make the experience pleasing and a life-jacket to ensure everyone is afloat. There is no need for a previous rafting experience and the tour is suitable for most ages and abilities.
Rafting down Hvítá is one of the best ways to spend any day, and we are certain that no family should leave Iceland without enjoying the fun that the river gives us, playing and splashing down an Icelandic glacial river.
You can be sure, it’s fun for the whole family!
Included / What to bring
- Transfer to Location
- Family rafting trip down the scenic Hvítá with an expert guide
- All necessary rafting equipment; wetsuit, life-jacket, neoprene shoes, helmet and paddle
- Visit to the famous Brúarhlöð canyon
- Hot sauna and shower after the river
- Small group experience, the boat can fit 8 to 10 people.
- Lunch and beverages are not included.
What to bring
- Warm wool or fleece sweater and thermal underwear (pants) to wear underneath the wetsuit. Warm wool socks. This might get wet during your tour. Don’t wear cotton as it will not keep you warm when wet.
- Bathing suit to wear underneath the neoprene pants on the river and for the sauna.
- Change of clothing
- Although you don’t need to “swim” while river rafting, we recommend that you can. You have to be comfortable with floating in water.
All of our tours begin from Drumbó River Base. At Drumbó you find:
- Changing rooms
- Bar and coffee
Refund if cancelled at least 1 day before the event
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!