Family adventure horse riding
8 years old
2, 5 hours
Helmets, riding equipment, Winter jumpsuits, Rain clothing, Boots
What to bring
Dress according to Weather, gloves
We ride in small groups and offer personal and friendly service! This tour is about 7-10 km, depending on the experience of the riders. It is suitable for beginners and for those with more experience as we can choose between routes in the area. The total tour duration is 2,5 hours, about 1,5-2 hours riding.
You can either meet on location or book a pick-up from Reykjavík or hotels around. Pickup is chosen in extras when you book the tour.
Arrival Time Is 30 Min Before Set riding time.
Health and Safety information
Our horseback riding tours are completely suitable for people who have never gone horseback riding before. However, we do not recommend horseback riding if you have problems with your hips, knees, or your back. Riders should be able to mount unaided from the ground without a step stool.
Also, the riders have to be able to hold the reins and follow the guides’ instructions at all times, so a reasonable level of English is required. Riding during pregnancy is very risky and we reserve the right to exclude riders from our tours in case of pregnancy or severe physical impairment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 70% if booking is cancelled 6 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 8 days or less before the event
Your riding tour will start from Sólhestar Ölfus, about 40 min drive from Reykjavik
- Please note that the weight limit for this tour is 100 kg (220 lbs). This is for the welfare of our horses.
- Arrival Time Is 30 Min Before Set riding time.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!