Blue Ice Cave Glacier Hike
8 years old
Skaftafell, South Coast
Skaftafell is a beautiful nature reserve in south-east Iceland, filled with spectacular natural wonders. You will explore one of these wonders on a glacier outlet of Vatnajökull glacier.
Vatnajökull is not only Europe’s largest glacier, but it is also home of the highest mountain range in Iceland. During the glacier walk, you will be exploring breathtaking ice formations and moulins while learning how glaciers are formed and how they constantly change. The most breathtaking feature you will see is undoubtedly the naturally formed ice cave. You will be able to walk inside this dazzling structure to see the fantastic blue ice found within.
Lace up your hiking boots and get ready for an incredible journey up and inside a glacier with a fantastic Ice Cave!
Included / What to bring
- Certified Glacier Guide
- Small Group
- Glacier equipment: helmet, ice axe, headlamp, and crampons
What to bring
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof outdoor clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots (available for rent on booking)
- Gloves and hat
- Joy and happiness!
Troll Expeditions Skaftafell
Hvalvörðugilslækur, 786 Hof, IS
- Jeans are not recommended for glacier activities. Once it gets wet, it takes a long time to dry, leaving you cold.
- Ice caves are a dynamic ever-changing natural phenomenon only accessible during winter time when temperatures drop below zero. Each year new unique caves are formed in different areas of the glacier. We visit a naturally formed ice cave during this tour. The photos on our website and social medias are from this winter season, but the ice cave we visit might have changed due to the dynamic nature of these formations.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
- The 24 hour policy “applies to extras as well (rental Hiking Boots, Waterproof Jacket & Waterproof Pants).
This tour can be added to our Family Itinerary!
Check out our Family itineraries and let us help you create the perfect family holiday in Iceland! Please contact me if you have any questions or need help with the planning!
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!