ATV – Black beach and Plane Wreck
8 years old
Vík, South Iceland
This tour kicks off after you meet your ATV guide at the Arcanum Base (Mýrdalsjökull Base) near Mýrdalsjökull glacier. You will receive all the necessary gear and a short safety briefing before venturing out to ride on Iceland’s iconic black beaches.
The guide will lead the group to the stunning coastline to witness breathtaking views of the surrounding area. You’ll marvel at the views of Dyrhólaey, a peninsula that is the southernmost tip of the country, and the marvellous Mýrdalsjökull glacier in the distance.
After leaving the beach, the group will head to the famous Sólheimasandur plane wreck. This relic has been resting in the sand since 1973. Following the plane, you will drive to the Jökulsá river and up the foot of the mountain. This action packed tour ends when you arrive back to the Arcanum Base.
Included / What to bring
- Experienced and qualified guide
- ATV per two persons
- Insulated cover-all
- Helmet and balaclava face mask
- Boots (optional, depended on weather conditions and guests shoe wear)
What to bring
- Extra warm clothing
- Gloves and hat
- Joy and happiness!
Arcanum Adventure Tours (Road 222)
Ytri Sólheimar 1, 871 Vík (dreifbýli), IS
We highly recommend that you arrive at our meeting point 20 minutes before the departure time stated on your ticket. Please note that if you arrive after departure time, your place on the tour cannot be guaranteed or refunded.
The meeting point is located in the below map.
A valid driver’s license is required to drive a quad bike. Single riders and groups with odd numbers are required to book a single ride ATV.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions or a special request we are here to help!